Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors in India and around the world. Healthcare which encompasses Treatment & Recovery, Wellness & Preventive Care and Pharmaceuticals will be a USD 1 Trillion industry, globally, by 2017. Even as life expectancy around the world increases, newer diseases such as lifestyle ailments have increased over the years, making Healthcare a perennial growth industry.
HR Challenges in the Healthcare Industry
1. A large, blue-collared workforce: Only 30-40% of the staff in Hospitals as well as Pharma companies consists of qualified, white-collared workers and the remaining 60-70% are attending staff.
2. Regulations: As an increasingly regulated industry, Healthcare and Pharma companies need to manage a whole lot of statutory compliances all the time.
3. Multi-location: With the increase in number of high-value and branded Healthcare or Pharma companies, these companies must deal with a geographically or locally dispersed workforce.
4. Need for specialization: This industry thrives on specialization, making the recruitment process more complex and long-drawn.
5. Need for specialization: This industry thrives on specialization, making the recruitment process more complex and long-drawn.
6. Talent Gap: The supply always falls short of the demand for skilled workforce in this sector making people management a huge challenge for the industry.
7. Perceptions around Automation: Being heavy on infrastructure costs, most H&P companies fail to automate their HR processes under the wrong assumption of high costs, escalating HR challenges further.
Globelead HCM Solution for the Healthcare Industry
1. Cloud-based and easy to integrate with existing HMS (Hospital Management Systems).
2. Very cost-effective, guaranteeing better ROI.
3. Easy to manage, recognize and reward employee performance
4. Builds credibility for the institution.
5. Reduces operational losses.
6. Maximizes revenue from existing staff.