The services sector which compromises industries or functions such as Consulting, Aviation, Media, Hospitality etc. are a significant player in the nationâ€™s economy, in countries around the world. In India, itâ€™s one of the highest-growth sectors at a CAGR of 9% and contributed as much as 57% of Indiaâ€™s GDP in 2013-14.
HR Challenges in the Services Industry
1. Inability to hire best-fit candidates: Given the fact that services sector places more emphasis on people skills and less on technical/academic qualifications, job profiles are often loosely described. This creates huge challenges during recruitment, as although there are innumerable candidates available, identifying the best fit can be an issue.
2. Inadequate orientation at work: Unlike Technology or Finance-related roles, Services sector employees are given little orientation at the workplace and expected to perform from almost day one. This can cause low employee-morale and poor performance at times.
3. Retention of long-term employees: Attrition is not as serious a problem as with other industries and associates generally tend to stay for longer durations. As a result, there is less priority given to engaging them, which leads to attrition of long-term employees.
4. Recognizing top performers: Given the loose job descriptions at some levels, and in some industries, there is skill overlap between different members of a team or division. As a result, recognizing and rewarding star performers consistently, year-on-year, can be a challenge at times.
Globelead HCM Solutions for the Services Industry
1. creates definitive organization structure for better service standards.
2. Automates Onboarding, Orientation and Training.
3. Acts as a repository of candidate and job-related information.
4. Creates mechanisms to engage associates and partners .
5. Makes it easy to recognize top-performing-talent consistently.